Unpaid Leave of Absence Update:
You should have received (or will shortly receive) an email from Jeffco management with an important update about one of the pressing questions we have been getting from our members.
JCEA President Brooke Williams and Bargaining Chair Michelle Moehlis have worked with Jeffco management and agreed to offer an option for educators to request a one-year unpaid leave of absence.
The Break in Employment is:
- One full school year (2020-2021)
- Not eligible to use sick or personal leave during this time for pay supplement
- Insurance ends on August 31, 2020
- Employees can purchase insurance coverage via COBRA continuation rules.
- Position at school or department is protected for return.
If you would like to utilize this opportunity please complete the “Break In Employment Request Form” provided to you by Jeffco HR. They will be processing these requests quickly, with communication of approval to the employee as soon as possible.
We appreciate the districts responsiveness to this critical issue and collaboration in working with JCEA to ensure that educators who must have access to this option have it.