JCEA collective bargaining 2021 begins tonight at 4:30 pm
We’ve made an important change to how folks view bargaining this year! PLEASE NOTE that the JCEA live streaming will happen in our JCEA #RedforEd group, not on the JCEA BOAT Facebook page.
In the JCEA #RedforEd group we will have live chat throughout the bargaining sessions, access to digital copies of JCEA proposals for each session and members of your bargaining team will be hosting additional live feedback either before the session, after the session, or during caucus breaks – our hope is to provide more space for education around the bargaining process and engagement with your team in real-time.
Tonight’s session will be focused on the norms, structures, and logistics of the bargaining process this year – some folks love these kinds of details but we want you to know that no formal proposals will be made tonight. We will send out a recap of this session for folks this week.
Our first date for exchanging proposals is February 25th. We will be rolling out an easy action all Jeffco educators can take to support our shared priorities and goals. We hope to kick-off bargaining with a strong, visible, united action across the district. Details coming shortly!
If you haven’t already joined the JCEA #RedforEd group – here’s how to find it:
1. Log into your Facebook account
2. Use the search box in the upper left-hand corner to search for JCEA #RedforEd
3. Locate our group called JCEA #RedforED
4. Request to join the group – PLEASE answer the questions asked, they are simple and quick and VERY helpful for us in making sure this space is for JCEA members only.
5. Once you have been approved to join the group – just hop into the group a few minutes before each bargaining session – we will live stream into the group and have live chat throughout the session – it’s a GREAT space to learn more about bargaining and connect with other members around shared issues and goals!