All member important dates:
February 15th @ 5:00pm – JCEA All Member Virtual Meeting with special guests from our Jeffco Public Health Department.
Register here: Feb 2022 JCEA All member meeting
February 18th – TLCC survey closes!
MOU #3 – Ratification vote open NOW —> Tuesday, February 15th at 5:00 pm
It’s here! An MOU to help get us through the end of this year.
It includes 2 non-contact days on March 28 and April 22 dedicated to EDUCATOR-DIRECTED TIME. Not meetings, not PD, what YOU need to do to catch up on your essential job duties.
- Reducing job responsibilities through collaborative decision making with a report made to Community Superintendent for transparency and accountability.
- Reiterating that planning time should be protected from other meetings (including PLCs) and duties FILE A GRIEVANCE IF IT’S NOT.
- Keep evaluations as simple as possible. No additional layers of work.
- District will review student discipline processes with principals.
- Protection against extra duties for COVID contact tracing.
- Ability to request attending meetings virtually.
- Ability to remote teach from home into classroom when in quarantine VOLUNTARY ONLY.
- Continued monitoring with JCEA of substitute shortage. Strategic use of District employees who cover for subs.
Read the MOU (it’s short-a little over a page) HERE
Cast your vote HERE: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3W5GQXX
OR scan the QR code below to vote!
TLCC Update! 40.5%! 9.5% to go!
Keep up the good work!
It is crucial that EVERY one of our schools exceed that threshold so that we can have accurate data on building climate and culture, identify problems as well as successes, and use it to drive solutions!
The TLCC staff contact at CEA is Joshua Quick, Director of Professional Practice and State Education Policy and CEA President Amie Baca-Oehlert is the Governance contact (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can contact Joshua at TLCC@coloradoea.org for additional information assistance. He is very passionate about this project and want to help ensure your building participates! Don’t be afraid to reach out!
TLCC Help Desk
Online support form: https://app.cedu.io/support
Toll-free number: 866-329-1530 (Mon-Fri 8am – 4pm)
JCEA Elections – 4 seats are open this spring!
The deadline to nominate or declare your intent to run is coming up quickly!
February 15th by 5:00pm!
Positions up for election:
– JCEA Secretary (executive board position)
– Professional Practices Action Team chair (PPAT, operational board position)
– Community Outreach Action Team (COAT, operational board position)
– Ethnic Minority Outreach & Advocacy Team (EMOAT, operational board position)
For the entire timeline and more info click below:
If you have questions, please reach out to JCEA elections chair Melissa Roach – email@example.com
Grub Club update: It’s not too late! Donate and share!
Full bargaining starts soon! February 24th!
SAVE THE DATE!!!
Our 1st session for formal contract bargaining will be held
February 24th IN-PERSON! Save the date, plan to rock your #Red4Ed that day at school, and come join us at the Ed Center to start the season strong and united!