Virtual all member meeting tomorrow
Topic: Bargaining and organizing to support bargaining goals
As the school year draws to a close, bargaining continues! Join us tomorrow for our May virtual all member meeting to discuss where we are in the process and how we move forward together.
Register for the link to join us: https://bit.ly/JCEA_May_Mtg
Jeffco management counters on compensation – How do you feel about it?
We know that money can be a controversial topic. And it’s also an important topic. How will compensation this year impact your personal life? Your family? Your career? Your ability to work only one job, or two or three?
For those who are feeling undervalued as Jeffco continues to lag behind surrounding districts – will you join with your colleagues to stand up and fight for the district to do more?
Management’s financial presentation and proposal starts at the 38 minute mark.
(see our handy side by side comparison below). Mrs. Dorland said that she was uninterested in “playing games” and going back and forth with proposals and counter proposals.
She stated that this is what the district can pay.
She suggested it was their last, best, and final offer on compensation. We seriously hope that is not the case and plan to put together a counter to their proposal.
How do you feel about this proposal? How do your colleagues feel about it? Go have the face to face conversation. It’s been a very long year – reconnect with your shared values around our profession. Talk about what folks are willing to do, what it takes to get there.
Ultimately whether or not they move on their proposal will be up to our membership and how we continue to organize and push together.
Immediate action steps if you want to keep pushing:
- Sign our photo petition and send in your photo: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/stand-up-for-equity-collaboration-and-respect-jeffco-deserves-a-brighter-future-join-us
- Attend the JCEA May Virtual All Member Meeting Tuesday May 25th RSVP HERE
- Plan to join us June 3rd for an even bigger day of collective action during the June school board meeting. RSVP HERE
- Outreach each and every Jeffco educator you know, update them on bargaining, and ask them to join the cause today.
Q: What happens now?
It’s time to get loud and proud! There are thousands of JCEA members across the district – it’s time to show without a doubt we all are united, strong, and serious about winning major improvements to our contract this year.
JCEA Bargaining support photo petition
More than 1,000 Jeffco educators have signed so far! Let’s keep the momentum growing!
T his petition will be delivered to the management bargaining team, our school board members, cabinet members and new Superintendent during the first week of June.
Steps to success:
- Sign the virtual petition HERE.
- Submit any photo of your choosing – either via text to Chesca at (720) 454 6066 OR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spread the word! Out reach your fellow JCEA members and ask them to join you! Over 1,000 folks have signed so far – let’s keep it growing!
Imagine what it will feel like to see the faces of hundreds (or THOUSANDS! of your fellow JCEA members) P.O.W.E.R.F.U.L!!!