We hear and know that there is an exceptional amount of anxiety for many of you as we move quickly towards the beginning of the year – there are several ways you can take action this week. There is power in numbers and it’s time to use it.
Please keep an eye on your emails this week as it’s likely other calls to action will roll out.
If you are on the fence about taking leave of absence
Call and email David Bell tomorrow. Start at 9:00 am – David.Bell2@jeffco.k12.co.us
- If you have submitted for a 100% remote position and have not been given an answer, email David Bell tomorrow. CC JCEA – email@example.com
- Include your name, school, position and years of service in Jeffco
- Include the date you submitted for a remote position
- Include any details about your request you are comfortable sharing.
- Be honest and clear with the decision you are facing – If you have decided that without a remote position you will take a leave of absence BE CLEAR with that information.
- Ask how you are supposed to decide without the critical information you need.
- Once your email is sent – call David Bell directly to follow up – (303) 982-6850
Attend the virtual Jeffco School Board Meeting Tuesday
Tuesday August 11th 10:00 am
JCEA members know: School health and safety is community health and safety.
Dozens of JCEA members have signed up to give public comment – if you want to speak publicly on the record, please sign up ASAP and contact Ang Anderson who is helping lead the group – firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch virtually to support your colleagues as they speak their truth.
Link to watch here: https://go.boarddocs.com/co/jeffco/Board.nsf/Public
Next Compensation bargaining session confirmed!
Tuesday August 11th 2:00 – 4:30 pm
From our membership survey over the last three days, it is abundantly clear that JCEA members want to continue to work to save your steps. Jeffco management has been adamant in their position that they cannot provide any step increases – our team is ready to fight, but they need your support. The first step is showing up to bargaining, the next is to email the members of the Jeffco Board of Education to tell your story about why you expect they value their employees and invest in the Jeffco front line.
There are two ways to join virtual bargaining:
- Through the JCEA BOAT Facebook page here: https://bit.ly/JCEA_Live
- Directly through the district’s live stream here: https://bit.ly/MGMT_live_stream
If Jeffco management hasn’t agreed to solid dates by Wednesday it’s time for more direct action – keep an eye on your emails for further action steps. Your team has been hard at work on proposals for issues and language, as we did in the Spring we believe management has an obligation to show up to the table and work out a formal MOU – QUICKLY.