Members are able to work together to monitor, safeguard and strengthen our retirement benefits. JCEA-R provides for information sharing and social interaction.
In conjunction with JCEA/CEA/NEA, JCEA-R works to bring about positive support for public education and elect pro-education candidates. As a retired organization, we are dedicated to academic excellence and the education profession. Membership is open to any public school employee who is retired and eligible to receive benefits under a public school retirement system and was a member of the National Education Association.
Why join JCEA Retired? Together we can:
- Protect and strengthen PERA
- Maintain your Association benefits
- Continue to build community with other retired educators
- Volunteer for activities to support students, schools, and educators
- Attend educational opportunities for issues of interest to retirees
- Support and defend public education through political action and lobbying
- Promote academic excellence and the advancement of a positive image of teaching