With only 13 days until the first day of school we have some good news about your PAY and contract! After over 9 hours in mediation with the district, your JCEA Bargaining team is excited to announce that we have reached a tentative agreement with the district.
Some details of the tentative agreement include:
- Article 5: Time. 3 Additional non-contact days for elementary schools and 3 additional late starts for all schools for additional planning time.
- Article 8: Resources, Class sizes, & Caseloads. The district will pay $2 million in a small schools allocation (less than 275 students) to pay for DTLs and Instructional Coaches. All schools will at minimum have a half time DTL and half time IC.
Early Childhood educators will get compensated for all professional development, and additional language to protect their workload and planning time.
- Article 11: Academic Freedom. The district will provide tools to allow educators to remove their curriculum easily from platforms, like Google Drive, when they leave the district.
- Article 17: Changes to lane movement for veteran employees, 1% stipend for Title I educators, and a new Warren Tech salary schedule.
Compensation: A new salary schedule of twenty-two steps with a base salary of $50,000 and an ending salary just over $100,000. All employees will get at least a $3,000 raise, so employees will move at least one, if not more, step(s). You can view the schedule at this website.
- Article 26: Special Education. Special Education staff may fulfill a portion of their 22.5 additional contract hours utilizing after school IEP meetings.
- Mental Health & Safety MOU: The development of a committee that will be charged with identifying solutions to retain mental health professionals, alleviate their workloads, and recruit professionals to the many open positions.
Additional changes were made to Article 7: Evaluations, Article 14: Reduction in Force, and Article 16: Variances.These issues will be brought to our membership for approval.
Ratification will take place from August 10-16 and a full copy of the tentative agreement will be linked in your ratification ballot.